Poppa Terry’s Words of Wisdom #193
More Stupid (and good) Sh#t in the News….Part 6…
1) Dads – it’s okay to let your daughters date any Royals player – they never score... (Okay, I stole that joke.)
2) SHUT UP ALREADY - Former Missouri Read more ... Republican congressman Todd Akin says he was wrong to apologize for the "legitimate rape" comments he made during the 2012 U.S. Senate campaign
3) More Leawood News: Former Shawnee Mission East teacher Charles Black, who retired to Maine, was convicted of pushing his wife off a cliff to gain her inheritance.
4) Good Stuff! Leawood-based CBiz Inc. and Mayer Hoffman McCann PC will move their headquarters and 450 employees to the Country Club Plaza next summer.
5) Seriously? Cartoon character Archie Andrews will die taking a bullet for his gay best friend.
6) “Hey Joe, did you hear a thud?” A body on a gurney fell out of a coroner's van when a door “malfunctioned”, sending the corpse into the middle of a busy roadway in Pennsylvania.
7) Karma - Wichita police say two people died when the stolen motorcycle they were riding collided with a vehicle.
8) More Karma - A man in Florida apparently was run over by his own pickup truck after getting out to bang on another driver's window.
9) Karma Part III- Police arrested a Frankfort, Illinois woman that posted “selfies” in a stolen dress.
10) Yeah right, most dudes like’m “ugly and slouchy”….English Model Lucy Harold says her beauty makes her undateable...
11) Weird – Some dude stole 200 pairs of Victoria’s Secret underwear in Augusta Georgia
12) Ridiculous - A Florida jury awarded a widow $23.6 billion (That’s a Billion, kids) in punitive damages in her lawsuit against tobacco giant R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company. I guess her husband could not read the package “Smoking Cigarettes is Harmful to Your Health” .
13) Gross – The Craigslist Killings for Sex – the Male victim was decapitated and his head is still missing...
14) Sad and Tragic – another child is killed crossing Bruce R. Watkins Drive riding a bike. The City Fathers in KC are to blame for making 71 Highway a combination thoroughfare and highway.
15) Quick – Call Scooby Doo and the Gang! They can’t find Kasey Kasem’s body. The funeral director says his remains have been flown to Canada.
16) Doesn’t get sicker than this – an Oklahoma teen is accused of raping Kenyan orphans during mission trip
17) “Oh…here they are”…. IRS head now confirms investigators have found backup tapes of the emails in Lerner’s probe.
18) I thought that was a drink – A couple in Florida was arrested having “sex on the beach”….
19) Lastly -- Stick this St. Louis!! Sporting Kansas City has proposed a $75MM National Training and Coaching Development Center in KCK; another sign that KC is becoming the soccer capital of the United States. Sweet.
Shameless plugs – Tonight and tomorrow night at the Canoe Club, Marcus Chatman and Jody Bilyeu. Brendan may play a few, too. And tomorrow night, go see Mark Lindhorst and Cold Crow at Danny's Bar.
Thought for the weekend by Father Jonathan Morris: “In light of eternity, no matter our personal problem, there's always a good solution in God's eyes. It starts with humility.”
Have a great and safe weekend!